Will Camps Require Vaccines in the Summer of 2022?
With the summer drawing closer, camps are starting to firm up their positions on COVID vaccine requirements.
The ACA of NY, NJ recently conducted a survey where 146 resident and day camps responded with the following information for their COVID requirements:
- 86% will require staff to be vaccinated
- 56% will require eligible campers to be vaccinated
- 43% will not require eligible campers to be vaccinated
- 46% will wait until closer to summer to make decisions (most camps said they will make decisions in March/early April)
- 63% will require staff to be vaccinated
- 25% will require eligible campers to be vaccinated
- 75% will not require eligible campers to be vaccinated
- 50% will wait until closer to summer to make final decisions (March/April/May)
Keeping track of vaccine cards will prove important this year and possibly more to come. Using Campium’s software, staff and parents have the ability to upload their vaccine cards so that camps can easily verify vaccine status. The ability to keep track of medications may also play a role when you’re looking for a way to keep track of medical information which can also be done through Campium.
Every year brings new challenges when running a summer camp and Campium is always adding new functionality to help you deal with the changing landscape.
Learn more at https://campium.com